Did you catch Tom Hanks Acceptance Speech from the 2020 Golden Globes?
I usually don’t watch or pay any attention to these Hollywood award shows. Something caught my attention when Tom Hanks was to receive a very prestigious lifetime achievement award.
I have always loved the roles Tom (yes, I feel like we are on a first-name basis) plays and how he shows up when not making a movie.
He is one of the really good people and has played a role in some of the most iconic movies. Tom Hanks has played a part in the tapestry of our entertainment lives for the past 40+ years.
Here are some of the top lessons you can take away from his acceptance speech, and how this applies to your life:
- No matter how you feel, sometimes the show must go on
- Gratitude, vulnerability, never be afraid, when moved show emotion
- Know your reason why you do what you do, and celebrate them.
“A man is blessed with a family sitting down front like that”.
- Know your why, and your why needs to make you cry.
“You’re a dope if you don’t steal from everyone you have worked with,”
- Always learning and growing from all your relationships.
- You will be made better by watching the examples of the giants who have walked before you, pay attention to all the lessons present to you.
- True leaders acknowledge others for their success
- Honour the sacrifice others have provided so that you can focus on your genius.
- No matter how long you have been mastering your craft, you will still feel challenged, flummoxed, or lose sleep from your desire to do an amazing job, to the best of your ability.
- A movie (your life) is made shot by shot (moment). Moment by moment, everyone is required to do their job (to their perfection), hit the mark, and You have to GO THERE…
- All members of the team play a significant role in our lives
- Doesn’t matter the time of day, and it doesn’t matter how you are feeling, you sometimes have to pull it all together, have faith in the process… and GO THERE
The Bonus Lessons:
- Show up on time
- Don’t just know your lines, see the big picture
- Have a head full of ideas
- Bring anything, try anything
- If it stinks, no problem
- You might not be right, but have some direction
- It’s ok if you have to do it all over again, sometimes the outtakes are where magic lives
- You can not move on to the next scene (stage of life) until the ‘gate’ is good. If the ‘gate’ is good, you can proceed.
Hit you marks… and be prepared to GO THERE
And one the last thing is… There’s no crying in baseball 🙂
Here is a link if you would like to watch the full speech…
#Inspire # Encourage #Love